Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: July 31, 2024
We are currently seeking highly motivated PhD scientists to join our interdisciplinary research team in the UCLA Liquid Biopsy Laboratory.
These positions are associated with the Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA.
Our team, supported by the National Cancer Institute, includes scientists, engineers and physicians from UCLA and Cedars Sinai Medical Center.We are focused on developing cutting-edge tools that will enable physicians to diagnose various types of cancer and prenatal diseases with increased precision and minimal invasiveness.
- Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
- • Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
• Solid understanding of extracellular vesicle biology and proven hands-on experience with conventional extracellular vesicle characterization techniques
• Hands-on experience with analytical techniques such as qPCR, ddPCR, immunostaining, ELISA, WB, and microscopy techniques
• Practical experience with molecular processes, including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, and NGS sequencing
• Self-starting, independent attitude with a strong desire to develop game-changing technologies and impact discovery in life sciences
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Capability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills