Degree: MD or Ph.D.
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Our research group is dedicated to creating a detailed cell atlas of human brain tumours using single-cell spatial analysis. We have received funding from several NIH Specialized Programs of Research Excellence grants.
As a postdoctoral fellow, you will work closely with other lab members, clinicians and surgeons in our department. Your main tasks will be to develop software tools and analyse single-cell multi-omics and spatial transcriptomics data to build the cell atlas of the human brain and gain insights into disease characteristics at the single-cell level.
Our interdisciplinary research combines experimental and translational approaches to the genetics and genomics of brain tumours. Our group comprises members with diverse backgrounds including tumour biology, translational research, genetics, medicine and bioengineering. We aim to translate our findings into clinical practice by initiating new clinical trials for patients with brain tumours.
Our research uses cutting-edge technologies such as next-generation sequencing, single-cell multi-omics, cell culture, brain tumour organoids and mouse models. This provides an excellent opportunity for cross-training and skills development. To find out more about our laboratory research, please visit our laboratory website at https://www.ahmed-lab.org.
- Plan, direct and carry out specialised and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluate and analyse research data.
- Establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarise research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Assume responsibility for laboratory operations.
- Supervise research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Candidate Must Have Good Command On Written And Spoken English
- Ph.D. or equivalent in bioinformatics, biostatistics, or related disciplines, including tumor biology.
- Previous experience in analyzing large-scale next-generation sequencing and/or single-cell omics data is a plus.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to Dr. AtiqueAhmed ([email protected]).