Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Liu Boxiang’s group at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is recruiting PhD students with full awards. NUS is ranked 8th in the world and 1st in Asia (QS world university rankings 2023). The group focuses on developing computational methods for genomics and big data mining in genomics.
Boxiang Liu, PhD student. He received his B.S. in Biophysics from Illinois Wesleyan University, his M.S. in Statistics from Stanford University, and his Ph.D. in Bioinformatics from Stanford University. During his Ph.D. studies, he published several first-author papers in Nature Genetics, American Journal of Human Genetics, etc., and received a CEHG fellowship, the Charles B. Carrington Memorial Award, etc. After graduation, he joined Baidu Silicon Valley Research Institute as a senior researcher. After graduation, he joined Baidu Research Institute in Silicon Valley, USA as a senior researcher, and was promoted to chief researcher in 2021, focusing on machine learning and genomics research. During his time at Baidu, he filed two US patents and his team published several papers in Nature and PNAS and was a finalist for the Baidu Top Prize. He will join the National University of Singapore in 2022. The team has published more than 40 papers in Nature, Nature Genetics, Nature Medicine, Nature Communications, Genome Biology, American Journal of Human Genetics and other journals as first author, corresponding author or co-author. He has published more than 40 papers with more than 7000 citations. He has served as a reviewer for Cell Genomics, American Journal of Human Genetics, Briefings in Bioinformatics, and as an Associate Editor for Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence.
- Single-cell multi-omic quantitative trait loci
- Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes (T2D)
- Machine learning for single cell and spatial transcriptomics
- -Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology, genomics, bioinformatics/computational biology, statistics, data science, computer science, electrical engineering, or other discipline.
- -Programming experience in Unix, R, Python, basic statistics and machine learning.
- Experience with high performance computer clusters or cloud computing – Proactive, persistent and modest.
- -Functional genomics experience (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, eQTL, single cell) preferred.
- -First author publications preferred
To apply, please contact [email protected]