Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
About Texas A&M University and the J. Mike Walker ’66 Department of Mechanical Engineering:
Texas A&M University is a public research university located in Bryan and College Station, TX, and conveniently placed in a triangle formed by Dallas, Houston and Austin. TAMU was ranked 10th nationally in the Best Engineering Schools by US News & World Report for 2023.
For any queries regarding the requirements for admission, kindly refer to the website of Mechanical
Engineering at TAMU: https://engineering.tamu.edu/mechanical/admissions-and-aid/graduate-admissions/index.html.
- Personalised device for orthopaedic support and to aid bone healing/regeneration following significant bone loss due to cancer treatment surgery.
- Biomechanics of coronary artery stent
- Bone fragility associated with aging and bone metastasis
- Experience researching tissue engineering for bone scaffolds and orthopaedic devices, as well as the characterization of materials using AFM, TEM and FIB, and performing finite element analysis. Experience in mathematical modeling for mechanobiology preferred but not necessary for Ph.D. applicants.
- Strong background in solid mechanics and mathematics required for applicants with a B.S. or M.S. degree in mechanical engineering, materials science and engineering, or biomedical engineering.
Interested students should send their CVs to [email protected])