Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Our genomics and bioinformatics group will be joining the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) on 1 July. TTUHSC is ranked in the top 100 in the nation for medicine and 19th in the nation for clinical care (U.S. News).
The group is seeking several PhD students in bioinformatics and computational genomics. The group’s main research interests include bioinformatics software development and its application to genomic data analysis. The group is well funded and has several research projects to support group members according to their interests and strengths. The group has access to a strong HPC resource and histological data (the largest ME/CFS patient omics data in the country). The School offers a world-class research environment and career development opportunities. Exceptionally talented PhD students who meet the University’s criteria will be considered for promotion to Lecturer and Assistant Professor positions, as well as positions in the University’s proposed Centre for Precision Medicine in Histology. The salary and benefits package is highly competitive. We welcome ambitious students to join us!
The university town of Lubbock is a simple, low-cost (and no state taxes), comfortable place to live, conveniently located (it is also the southern distribution centre for Chinese and American couriers), and ideal for young people to work and study (the local Chinese student and scholar community is large and has a long history).
- Bioinformatics & Computational Genomics
- Applications are being accepted for the Ph.D. in Computer Science in autumn 2023, the Ph.D. in Biology in spring 2024, and other Ph.D. programmes; for more information, see
- There are a number of postdoctoral positions coming up soon, with formal applications starting around 1 July.
- Updates on the above information can be found on the website (click on the original article to jump to it): https://dllab.org/positions/positions_CN.pdf
- If you are interested, please send your CV to: [email protected]