Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is a top 100 medical school (ranked 19th in primary care by US News). Texas Tech University is a R1 university. It is the second largest contiguous campus (1,900 acres) in the U.S. and the only university in Texas to house an undergraduate, graduate, law and medical school on the same campus.
Lab Description: The Li Bioinformatics and Computational Genomics Lab (dllab.org) seeks outstanding postdoctoral fellows in genomic sequencing data analysis and pipeline development to join our new lab and planned new Center for Genomic Medicine. About our lab: Largest ME/CFS genomics programme; State of the art HPC; Strong mentoring and support team. Example of our recent publications: Genome Res PMID: 30872350; Bioinformatics PMID: 30895294. The university and the laboratory are fully committed to supporting the trainee’s career development. Salaries are highly competitive and commensurate with experience and productivity.
Bioinformatics, Computational Genomics
The ideal candidate should:
- PhD or equivalent doctorate (e.g., D.Sc., M.D.) in area of project specialization.
- Knowledge of modern research practices, the methods, resources, and standards thereof. Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities. Ability to integrate resources, policies, and information for the determination of procedures, solutions and other outcomes. Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with other employees and the public. Ability to plan and allocate the workload of employees, providing direct training and supervision as needed.
- Experience in Linux command lines, HPC, genomic, transcriptomic and/or epigenomic data analyses, and/or related software comparisons and new pipeline development, etc.
- All applicants must submit to:
- For question, please ask the PI with CV at: [email protected]
- The positions are open until filled.
- The position updates can be seen (https://dllab.org/positions/postdoc.pdf).