Scholarship: Fully funded
Nationality: International Students
Application deadlines: Open
Hu Hankun is the second-level chief pharmacist, an associate professor, a doctoral supervisor, and the deputy director of the Department of Pharmacy at Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University. He is also a leader in clinical pharmacy. He holds a number of esteemed positions including Vice President of the Chinese Society of Ethnomedicine, Member of the Drug Evaluation Committee of the Chinese Society of Research Hospitals, Vice Chairman of the Drug Risk Information Management Sub-committee of the Drugborne Disease Committee of the Chinese Society of Pharmacology, and Vice Chairman of the Pharmaceutical Management Committee of the Wuhan Pharmaceutical Society. He is a member of the Executive Editorial Board for the Journal of Clinical Pharmacotherapy and the Chinese Pharmacist. He is also an editorial board member for World Clinical Drugs and the Chinese Journal of Hospital Pharmacy. Additionally, he is an expert in evaluating the National Key Research and Development Programme, the National Science and Technology Award, and the Research Achievement Award for Colleges and Universities under the Ministry of Education.
He specialises in clinical general pharmacy services, MDT decision analysis and clinical multidisciplinary scientific research. He has presided over a number of funds, including the National Technology Innovation Fund for Small and Medium Enterprises, the National Major Special Project for the Creation of New Drugs, the National Science and Technology Support Programme, the Key Research Project of the Hospital Pharmacy Committee of the Chinese Pharmaceutical Society, the Major Science and Technology Innovation Plan of Hubei Province, and the Innovative Talent Project of the 3551 Talent Plan of Donghu New Technological Development Zone, with a cumulative total of RMB 7 million. In recent years, he has published 14 SCI papers, including Bioactive Materials, Analytical Chemistry, Food Chemistry, Chinese Chemical Letters, LWT-Food Science and Technology, Talanta, and so on. He has won two second prizes and one third prize of Hubei Provincial Scientific and Technological Progress Award. Received 2 production approvals for new drugs, 26 approval notifications for APIs and 26 clinical trial approvals for 3 new drugs. Approved 6 new drug-related Chinese invention patents (row 1). Editor-in-chief of Drug Dosage Forms and Rational Use, People’s Health Publishing House.
- Multidimensional histology of biological samples using mass spectrometry
- Modernisation and characterisation of the efficacy of Chinese medicine
- Clinical and hospital pharmacy
- A postdoctoral fellow of good character and health. In principle, the candidate must be under 35 years of age and must have obtained a doctorate within the last three years. This age may be exceeded in the case of particularly outstanding candidates.
- A solid background in relevant academic and scientific research training, a strong sense of innovation and collaborative spirit; research experience in pharmacy, medicine, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, high resolution mass spectrometry, bioinformatics, molecular cloning, cell culture and other disciplines, or multidisciplinary scientific research experience in medicine and pharmacy.
- Ability to conduct scientific research independently, with good academic communication and writing skills in English and Chinese; have published high-level research papers in peer-reviewed journals in the field.
Candidates should visit the website (https://www.znhospital.com/bsh/16808.jhtml) and click on the application form to submit their information. Along with their self-nomination letter, CV (including a list of their study and work experience, thesis and project list, research plan, etc.), and related materials, they should send their application materials in PDF format to the Personnel Department of Wuhan University Central South Hospital via email at [email protected]. Please indicate “Postdoctoral Fellowship with Hu Hankun + Name” in the subject line.